This is a great alternative to the old standard of flowers and cards.
We have put together a collection of tasty herbs with beneficial properties that can be used to enhance your meals. For instance Calendula is usually used externally for its antiseptic and healing properties in treating skin infections while basil tea is good for stomach cramps and vomiting.
What's in the tin:
•60ml Plant Tonic
•Soap handcrafted from Goat Milk
• Reclaimed wood plant markers
• Booket with Helpful information, germination, growing times, curious facts about the varieties of seeds.
• Individual seed packages of:
- Calendula: usually used externally for its antiseptic and healing properties in treating skin infections, cuts, punctures, scrapes, burns and chapped or chafed skin or lips.
- Basil tea: good for stomach cramps and vomiting. Rub leaves on insect bites to reduce itching.
- Parsley: known to be effective as an alternative treatment for goiter, obesity, bed-wetting, fluid retention, indigestion, gas, menstrual disorders, worms, and bad breath. It is also beneficial to the function of the thyroid, lungs, stomach, bladder, liver, and kidneys.
- Oregano: used to aid indigestion, coughs and toothaches.
- Thyme: cultivated for its strong flavour which is due to its content of the essential oil, thymol. Thymol is an antiseptic and is the main ingredient in Listerine. Unlike bees, insects are repelled by Thyme. Make a cup of Thyme tea, put it in a plant mister, and spray around doorways and windows in summer to repel insects.
- Marjoram: known for its healing properties. It can be stimulating when added to a bath or used as an antiseptic, an aid for rheumatoid pain, tension headaches and minor digestive problems.
- Chives: reportedly have a beneficial effect on the circulatory system. They also possess natural insect repellant properties that you can use in the vicinity of gardens to manage and control pest infestation.
- Sage: Sage has one of the longest histories of use of any medicinal herb dating back to the Greeks and Romans. Herbalists have long known that sage is an outstanding memory enhancer.
- As part of our commitment to promoting food sustainability, all seeds in Strathcona 1890 Seed Collections are selected for growing in container gardens on urban balconies & roof top gardens. They are non-gmo and open-pollinated in order to help maintain the diversity of plant species.